Last Revised: 2022-04-04 17:41:14 UTC
Information we collect
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
- Shopify store information: We collect information about your Shopify store, including your Shopify store's name, domain, and email address. This information is only used for the purpose of billing you for the App and to inform you of important changes to the App.
- Shopify customer, order, product, and refund information: We process information about your Shopify customers, including your customers' names, email addresses, and phone numbers, your Shopify orders, including your orders' total amount, shipping address, and payment method, your Shopify products, including your products' names, prices, and images, and your Shopify refunds, including your refunds' total amount, refund reason, and refund status.
- Slack channel information: We store the name of channels that you explicitly connect to the App.
- Usage information: During your visit to the App, we collect information that your browser sends us, including your browser's type, operating system, and version, the pages you visit, the links you click, and the time spent on those pages.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Retention of Your Personal Information
SmartNotify for Slack follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Your Rights over your Personal Data
You have the right to request access to the Personal Data we have collected about you. We will respond to your request within 30 days. You also have the right to request that we erase or delete your Personal Data. This will be done within 30 days following receipt of your request. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
SmartNotify for Slack does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.